The balcony is the outdoor extension of the indoor space. It is the area with the best air and lighting in the home, and it is also the best place to enjoy afternoon leisure time. The choice of balcony windows is related to the design and style of the entire balcony. Now many people like to install balcony windows designed to close the balcony to expand the home space. How to design balcony windows? How to choose and install balcony windows? The following is a complete guide to the purchase, design and installation of balcony windows.
In architecture, a window is an opening made in a wall or roof to allow light or air to enter a room. The balcony is a bridge between the interior and the outside world. Now many homeowners pay attention to the decoration of the balcony, because people not only hope that they can have close contact with the outdoor space here, but also hope that it can keep out wind and dust. Balcony windows play such a role. , especially for the residents on the ground floor, after the balcony is closed, the house has an additional layer of protection net, which plays an important role. Moreover, when the living conditions are relatively tight, the closed balcony can be used as a space for writing and reading, storing items, exercising, and also as a living space. There are more forms of utilization than when the balcony is not sealed.
1. The height of balcony windows in residential buildings is 1.5m, plus the window sill height of 0.9m, the distance between the top of the window and the floor is 2.4m, leaving a structural height of 0.4m.
2. The size of balcony windows in public buildings The height of the window sill ranges from 1.0 to 1.8m, and the height of the bottom surface of the window sash opening to the public aisle should not be lower than 2.0m. The height of the window is determined according to the requirements of lighting, ventilation, and spatial image, but attention must be paid to the rigidity of the window if it is too high. If necessary, a crossbeam or "splint" should be added. In addition, when the window sill height of the general window is lower than 0.8m, protective measures should be taken.
3. In the size of general windows, the window width generally starts from 0.6m and is wide enough to form a "window", but it should be noted that when the general window size adopts a full-width window, the sound insulation of the left and right adjacent rooms and the sliding of the sliding window sash In terms of scope, it should also be noted that the size of the general window and the window width of the full bay will cause glare on the horizontal wall, which is not suitable for classrooms and exhibition rooms.
According to balcony window material
1. Solid wood window
Advantages: heat insulation, sound insulation, texture, rich shapes and multiple colors.
Disadvantages: poor anti-aging ability, large changes in cold and heat expansion, easy to be corroded after sun and rain, and expensive.
2. Aluminum alloy window
Advantages: It has good weather resistance and anti-aging ability.
Disadvantages: Insulation is not as good as other materials.
3. Glass window
Advantages: good lighting, maximum air convection, beautiful and easy to fold, etc.
Disadvantages: high cost, poor heat preservation, poor sealing, and general sound insulation.
4. Plastic steel window
Advantages: good sound insulation, heat insulation, fire resistance, air tightness, water tightness, corrosion resistance, heat preservation, etc.
Disadvantages: After a long time, the surface will turn yellow and the form will be deformed.
According to frame
1. Framed balcony windows
Good sealing, convenient opening, firm structure, strong practicability, but monotonous opening, only left and right translation, limited opening area.
2. Frameless balcony windows
Open and transparent, can be folded in full cover, good air convection, easy to clean, but poor sealing, high cost
According to the opening method
1. Single opening
Advantages: Large area of air circulation, fresh air, good lighting, easy to open without occupying space, good sealing, sound insulation, heat preservation, and excellent impermeability.
Disadvantages: It is easy to be damaged when the wind blows, the window width is small, and the field of vision is not wide.
2. Push and pull
Advantages: The switch does not need to take up extra space, it is simple and practical. The window view is relatively better than casement windows.
Disadvantages: poor sealing, poor sound insulation, poor lighting, poor air flow.
Advantages: easy to clean, good for railing care, good lighting and ventilation, open anywhere, and adjust at will.
Disadvantages: The installation requirements are very high, the opening method is cumbersome, and it hinders the installation of screen windows.
Aluminum alloy windows are widely used in home decoration because of their strong decorative features. They are common framed balcony windows. Let's take aluminum alloy balcony windows as an example to see how to choose and buy balcony windows.
1. Material: In terms of thickness, the aluminum alloy sliding window has 55mm, 60mm, 70mm, 90mm, and the balcony should not be less than 70mm, and the wall thickness is generally 1.2 to 2.0mm.
2. Strength: Moderately bend the profile by hand, and it should be able to return to its original shape after letting go. From a perspective, the same profile should have the same color without obvious color difference.
3. Appearance: No depression or bulging on the surface, no open air bubbles, ash residue, cracks, burrs or peeling. The thickness of the oxide film should reach 10 microns, lightly scratch the surface to check whether the oxide film will be wiped off.
4. Glass: The main materials of aluminum alloy windows generally include: aluminum profiles, glass, and hardware. The choice of these three is very important. Toughened glass is better than ordinary glass. The sound insulation and thermal insulation properties of vacuum glass are obviously better than insulating glass, and the thickness is small.
5. Hardware: Considering the safety and durability of doors and windows, stainless steel hardware accessories (such as screws, hinges, handles, etc.) are better than aluminum accessories, and the pulleys are best made of POM products.
6. Processing: high-quality color aluminum windows, fine processing, smooth tangent, consistent angle (the main frame material is usually at 45 degrees or 90 degrees), there should be no obvious gaps during the splicing process, and the sealing performance is good , The switch is smooth.
7. Performance: the strength can withstand ultra-high pressure, whether the inner leaf and outer frame structure of the window are tight, how about the sealing performance, whether there is water accumulation, leakage phenomenon and the durability of accessories, etc.
8. Price: The price is directly related to the price of aluminum ingots. Generally, the price of high-quality colored aluminum windows is 30% higher than that of inferior colored aluminum windows. The wall thickness of inferior aluminum alloy windows is only 0.6-0.8 mm, which is very unsafe. .
After the balcony window is selected, the purchase of balcony curtains is also very important. Through the balcony window, you can see the beautiful scenery outside, and after covering it with curtains, you can also let the sense of comfort and tranquility stay indoors. How to choose balcony curtains?
1. Style: The choice of curtains must first match the style of the interior. Choose plain curtains for modern designs, light patterned curtains for elegant designs, small patterned curtains for rustic styles, and plain or floral curtains for luxurious designs.
2. Shading: In terms of shading, it can be roughly divided into plain weaving and yarn weaving. Plain woven fabrics are less translucent and have high shading properties. The light transmittance of gauze fabric is high, so when purchasing, please ask the clerk how the light transmittance of the curtain is.
3. Material: It is necessary to choose the curtain material on the basis of style. There are many materials for curtains, including light, thin, transparent or translucent fabrics, as well as medium-thick opaque fabrics and slippery fabrics. As for which one to use, the actual situation should be considered.
4. Style: Simple curtains are suitable for small balconies, and generous, stylish and delicate styles are suitable for large balconies. Large-area glass balconies can be made of window rails with pull rope machinery or spliced with Roman blinds; oriel window balconies can be made of curtains composed of several separate curtains.
5. Design and color: Choosing the suitable design and color has a great influence on the form of the design. The main color of the curtains should be compatible with the main color of the room. Complementary colors or similar colors are allowed, but extreme contrast between cold and warm is a taboo.
6. Dimensions: Width, generally about 10 cm wider than the windows on both sides, the bottom should be determined by the curtain style, short curtains should also be about 20 cm longer than the bottom line of the window sill; floor curtains should generally be farther from the ground 2 to 3 centimeters.
1 Detailed explanation of balcony window installation
1. Measurement and production: When using aluminum alloy windows, the size of the closed surface of the balcony should be accurately measured before sealing the balcony, and the window frame and glass should be processed and manufactured outside the construction site according to the size, and delivered to the construction site.
2. Opening: Before installation, check whether the size of the window is consistent with the size of the opening of the balcony, and the base layer of the balcony opening should be cleaned first. It is required to remove the base material of the window close to the wall, and drill holes at the fixed point. Plastic expansion.
3. Fixing the window: When installing the window, the window should be seated firmly at the hole first, its position fixed, and fixed with screws and plastic expansion pins.
4. Filling with foaming agent: After all installations are fixed, fill the vacant parts with foaming agent. After the foaming agent dries hard, the surface decoration can be carried out. Pay attention to clean the slurry on the window frame in time to prevent contamination of the window frame.
Note: There are gaps between the window frame and the wall, the window and the window or the corner joint, or the connecting screws between the window and the wall without sealing treatment, which will cause the problem of overturning water in the future .
Note: Curtain rods are divided into those with and without rings. Curtain rods with hanging loops need to be assembled before installation.
1. Determine the location: the installation height and width. The width of the curtain rod is 20-30cm wider than the width of the window on both sides. The installation height of the curtain rod is at the middle position between the ceiling and the window frame, and the concealed rod is at the top of the curtain box, or installed sideways at any part of the curtain box.
2. Positioning and punching: First calculate the distance between the fixed holes. Generally, the distance between the fixing parts is not greater than 50cm, and then draw a line for positioning. After the installation and fixing position is determined, drill holes and fill in expansion screws. There is no need to drill holes for the wooden base, and it can be fixed directly with self-tapping screws.
3. Install the curtain rod: In terms of Roman rods, after positioning and drilling holes, you can fix the mounting frame first, and then place the rod on the mounting frame. And if it is a curtain rail, then directly fix the assembled curtain rail to the wall or ceiling with side codes or top codes.