Abstract: Fire doors refer to doors that can meet the requirements of fire resistance stability, integrity and heat insulation within a certain period of time. It is a fire-resistant partition with certain fire resistance located in fire compartments, evacuation stairwells, vertical shafts, etc. So do you know how to install fire doors? The installation of fire doors generally includes the steps of marking line positioning, vertical frame correction, connection fixing, blocking gaps, door frame grouting, hardware installation, cleaning and other steps. Let's take a look at the detailed introduction below.
1. Except for special circumstances, the fire door should be opened in the direction of evacuation, and the fire door should be opened manually from any side after it is closed.
2. Door closers should be installed on normally closed fire doors, and sequencers should be installed on double and multiple fire doors.
3. Normally open fire doors should be equipped with control, signal feedback device and on-site manual control device that can automatically close the door leaf in case of fire, and should meet the requirements of the product manual.
4. The installation of the fire door electric control device should meet the requirements of the design and product specification.
5. The fire bolt should be installed on the door leaf on the relatively fixed side of the double door or multiple doors.
6. The fireproof seals embedded in the gap between the fire door frame and the door leaf, and between the door leaf and the door leaf should be firm and intact.
7. The fire doors set near the deformation joints should be installed on the side with more floors, and the door leaves should not cross the deformation joints after opening.
8. The steel fire door frame should be filled with cement mortar. The door frame and the wall should be firmly connected with embedded steel parts or expansion bolts, and the distance between the fixing points should not be greater than 600mm.
9. The overlapping size of the fire door leaf and the door frame should not be less than 12mm.
10. The gap between the fire door leaf and the door frame should meet the following requirements:
(1) The clearance between the door leaf and the hinged side of the door frame should not be greater than the dimensional tolerance specified in the design drawings.
(2) The gap between the door leaf and the side of the door frame with the lock should not be greater than the dimensional tolerance specified in the design drawings.
(3) The gap between the door leaf and the upper frame should not be greater than 3mm.
(4) The gap between the leaves of double-leaf and multi-leaf doors should not be greater than 3mm.
(5) The movable gap between the door leaf and the lower frame or the ground should not be greater than 9mm.
(6) The gap between the door leaf and the door frame, the gap between the door leaf and the door frame with the hinge side, the lock side and the upper frame should not be greater than 3mm.
11. After the fire door is installed, the door leaf should be opened and closed flexibly, and there should be no rebound, angle warping, jamming and lax closing.
12. Except for special circumstances, the opening force of the fire door leaf should not exceed 80N.
1. Wooden fire doors should be swing doors, which must be flexible to open and have the function of self-closing.
2. The wooden fire doors used for evacuation passages should have the function of being able to close quickly in the event of a fire, and open in the direction of evacuation, and should not be equipped with locks and latches.
3. Double or multiple wooden fire doors with slits must be able to be closed sequentially.
4. It is advisable to leave a sealing groove at the cut where the door frame of the wooden fire door overlaps with the door leaf, and inlay a sealing strip made of non-combustible material.
5. When the conditions are met, it is advisable to assemble the door leaf and the door frame as a set, install all the hardware, and then install it as a set.
6. After the wooden fire door is made, it should be brushed with primer (dry oil) immediately to prevent moisture deformation.
7. The installation of small hardware should be fixed with wood screws instead of nails.
1. During the installation process of steel fire doors, it should be supported by wooden beams in the width direction of the door frame, and the foot of the door frame should be buried 20 mm below the ground, and then the door frame should be welded to the embedded parts on the wall.
2. After the embedded parts are welded, open a hole on the wall at the upper corner of the door frame, pour cement, sand, and expanded perlite (1:2:5) concrete, and wait for the concrete to solidify before use.
3. The overlap between the steel fire door leaf and the door frame shall not be less than 10 mm, and the gap between the door leaf and the door frame shall not be greater than 4 mm.
4. All gaps of steel fire doors must be strictly controlled to ensure the airtightness of the fire doors and reduce the spread of fire and smoke.
Where to find fire door installers
You can go to a store that sells fire doors to find an installer, or you can find it directly on some websites, and then call to make an appointment.
Fire door installation qualification
The qualifications of professional contracting enterprises for fire protection facilities engineering are divided into first-level, second-level and third-level.
1. The enterprise has undertaken the construction of more than two automatic fire alarm systems and fixed fire extinguishing systems with a building area of more than 40,000 square meters in the past five years, and the quality of the projects is qualified.
2. The enterprise manager has more than 8 years of experience in engineering management or has a senior professional title, the chief engineer has more than 8 years of experience in fire protection facility construction technology management and has a senior professional title in electrical, equipment or related majors, and the chief accountant has an intermediate or above accounting title .
3. The registered capital of the enterprise is more than 5 million yuan, and the net assets of the enterprise are more than 6 million yuan.
4. The highest annual project settlement income of the enterprise in the past three years is more than 25 million yuan.
5. The enterprise has testing equipment for automatic fire alarm system, special tools for installing nozzles of automatic sprinkler system, inspection and testing equipment for fire hydrant and smoke prevention and exhaust system, and quality inspection equipment.
Fire doors cannot be installed randomly by yourself, or they will be unqualified. It is safer and more reliable to find professionals to install them.
Fire door installation and construction plan
1. Line positioning: According to the size, elevation and opening direction specified in the design drawings, pop up the installation position line of the door frame in the opening, and clean up the installation position.
2. Vertical frame correction: After the door frame is in place, its verticality (the door frame is not perpendicular to the ground, should be ≤ 2°), levelness and diagonal line should be adjusted to the same installation height according to the design requirements, and it should be consistent with the inside and outside The distance between the walls is the same, the upper and lower widths of the door frame are the same, and then the four corners of the door frame are initially positioned with a pair of wooden wedges.
3. Connection and fixation: The door frame is temporarily fixed with bolts, which must be rechecked to ensure accurate installation dimensions. The allowable error of size on the frame opening should be ≤1.5mm, and the allowable error of diagonal line should be ≤2.0mm.
4. When installing the door, after installing the door leaf to the door frame, adjust its position and levelness.
5. Block the gap: After the door frame is connected to the wall, take out the wooden wedge, use rock wool or mineral wool to block the peripheral gap between the door frame and the wall tightly, and leave a notch on the surface of the door frame according to the different structures of the door frame , smooth and compact with cement mortar (cement mortar mix ratio: M10).
6. Door frame grouting: When the door frame is grouted, adjust it after the grouting is hard, and then install the door leaf. The current fire door frame is the default potting frame, which ensures the quality and aesthetics of the potting frame, reduces the on-site operation steps, and makes the installation more smooth.
7. After the door leaf is closed, the gap should be uniform and the surface should be smooth. After installation, the fire door requires that the overlap between the door leaf and the door frame is not less than 10.0mm, the inner width dimension deviation of the frame leaf matching part is not more than 2.0mm, the height deviation is not more than 2.0mm, and the difference in diagonal length is less than 3.0mm, the door leaf is closed. The back fit gap is less than 3.0mm, the gap between the door leaf and the door frame on both sides is not greater than 4.0mm, the gap on the upper side is not greater than 3.0mm, and the gap in the middle of the double-leaf door is not greater than 4.0mm.
8. Install hardware: install door locks, handles and other fire door hardware devices, etc., and install them in accordance with the requirements of the hardware "Instruction Manual", all of which should achieve their respective functions.
9. Cleaning: After the installation is completed, the door frame, door leaf, and the dirt around the hole should be wiped clean immediately.