Sliding windows are a very common type of doors and windows in house decoration. After the sliding window is installed, there is air leakage and the situation that it cannot be closed may be that it was not installed properly during the installation, so how to install the sliding window correctly? What are the precautions when using sliding windows? Today, Baydee Upvc profiles will answer you one by one.
How to install the sliding window correctly
1. Before installing the sliding window sash, tear off the tape, and insert the top of the window sash into the window frame chute for debugging to ensure flexible sliding. Tear off the protective tape, and check whether the sealing tops on the fan are missing or falling off. If it falls off, it can be bonded with glass glue or the like.
2. Balcony aluminum windows made of small sections and thin-walled aluminum materials cannot be used when installing sliding windows. Some construction teams will perfunctory and use aluminum square tubes instead of regular aluminum window profiles, which will make the balcony aluminum The bearing capacity of the window is gradually reduced, and if it encounters a strong wind, the balcony aluminum window will be twisted, deformed or even dropped.
3. When installing sliding windows, first overlap the two windows, and then install the window sash with both hands from the outside. When installing, you need to lift it up.
4. Then put the lower part of the window on the track of the window, be sure to align with the hole of the track, and then press down firmly.
5. Generally, the high side of the aluminum window glide path is indoors, while the low side is outdoors. In order to prevent rainwater from seeping into the room, some small holes will be designed on the outside of the low side, so that rainwater can leak outside.
6. After installing the sliding window on the track, you can start to clip the plastic strip on the side of the window.
Precautions when using sliding windows
1. After the sliding window is installed, the protective film on the surface of the profile should be torn off in time and scrubbed clean; otherwise, a large amount of the protective film adhesive will remain on the profile, which is difficult to clean.
2. Plastic steel doors and windows should be provided with a drainage system in the window frame, window sash and other parts to ensure the air tightness and water tightness of the doors and windows. During the use process, do not block the drainage holes of the doors and windows, so as not to cause the drainage performance of the doors and windows to decline.
3. When the sliding window is in use, the sliding track should be cleaned frequently to keep it clean, so that there is no hard particle material on the surface of the track and in the groove.
4. When pushing and pulling the sliding window, the force point should be in the middle or lower position of the window sash. Do not use too much force when pushing and pulling, so as not to reduce the service life of the window sash.
When installing the sliding window, pay attention to the placement of the window in alignment with the hole of the track, and the track should be cleaned frequently when the sliding door is in use.