1. Is it better to apply glue or glue strips between the glass and the window frame?
2. Thermal insulation elements of broken bridge aluminum doors and windows;
3. Tips for installing anti-falling ropes for outward-opening windows;
4. Under what circumstances should the doors and windows of the house be replaced? Is it necessary to replace them all?
5. What do "door and window shopping Xiaobai" go to the door and window factory to see?
Between the glass and the window frame, it is better to use glue or glue strips. In some stores, you can see glue strips, and some friends say that the glue strips are easy to age, so it is better to use glue. There are different opinions, and consumers are at a loss.
Baydee believes that when the quality of the glue and the strip are on the same level, and the construction level of the workers is on the same level, the same glass can be glued or glued. As long as it is done properly, the performance and appearance It doesn't matter.
But our motherland has a vast territory, and there are great differences between east, west, north and south, so there seems to be some differences.
(1) According to Baydee's previous experience, in areas where typhoons often land, the safety degree of the adhesive strip may not be sufficient, and the glass is easy to move to the indoor side under strong winds. It is recommended that the outdoor side be glued to be more secure.
(2) Refer to Zizhihu netizens' answers and suggestions: "Like the winter weather in the Northeast, try not to use glue. It doesn't matter the quality of the glue. No matter how expensive the glue is, it will crack within three years."
In addition to regional differences, Baydee thinks that from the perspective of door and window owners, there are several possibilities, which are the reasons why different businesses adopt different methods.
Some bosses may prefer taped strips because:
The construction technology content is low, and it is neater and more beautiful than gluing. Any worker can press the rubber strip after simple training;
The safety factor of workers is high, all the glass is pressed and installed indoors, and there is no need to go out for gluing;
It is more convenient to replace the glass in the future than glue. Remove the glue strip, remove the pressure line, and the glass can be easily removed and replaced;
The glass outer rubber strip has been pressed on the window frame or sash before leaving the factory, and the drainage holes have been opened in advance, so there is no need to worry about water leakage caused by not waterproofing the glass outer.
Some bosses say that glue is good, probably because:
The structural design of their products cannot be glued, or because some bosses think that the cost of glue is a little lower, and the workers spend a lot of time on the glue. The time it takes for Baydee to press the glue for one piece of glass is enough for skilled workers. The master makes 4 pieces of glass glue of the same size.
Friend L: "Is the hollow 27 or an inert gas necessary for thermal insulation? Is the thermal insulation mainly relying on glass, followed by aluminum broken bridges?"
What is insulation? Baydee is understood as keeping warm in winter and insulating in summer.
(1) It is not that the larger the glass hollow layer, the better the heat insulation performance, because there are too many influencing factors, and only one conclusive opinion can be provided: 9 mm ≤ The recommended thickness of the home decoration hollow layer ≤ 15 mm.
(2) Is it useful to fill the glass with argon and add low-e? The answer is yes, glass accounts for 70% to 80% of the entire window area, and the thermal insulation of the glass part plays a decisive role in the thermal insulation performance of the entire window.
But it is not only necessary to pay attention to the selection and addition of glass, but also to solve the airtightness of the windows after they are closed, so that the windows can effectively play the role of heat insulation for a long time.
On the one hand, all components of doors and windows (profiles, glass, hardware, auxiliary materials) need to work together.
a. Sealing structure: three seals (better heat preservation than two seals), isotherm (insulation strips are on the same line, which is more conducive to forming an effective "cold-thermal bridge barrier" to reduce unnecessary heat loss), Whether the rubber strip is press-in (the press-in rubber strip is not broken, and the airtightness is better).
b. Heat insulation strip: the wider the heat insulation strip, the better the heat insulation.
c. Glass selection: Generally, among the 4 types of glass with better heat insulation performance, such as insulating glass, triple glass and two cavities, low-e insulating glass, and low-e three glass and two cavities, Baydee recommends that you choose the glass first in terms of cost performance. low-e insulating glass.
d. The insulating glass filled with inert gas can roughly improve the thermal insulation performance by about 10% compared with the ordinary dry air insulating glass.
However, the problem of filling inert gas is that the gas is easy to escape or the gas content is insufficient (if the inert gas content is only 50% ~ 60%, the effect can be ignored), and even the merchant may charge money and mark it but not charge it at all ( It is generally difficult for consumers to find or distinguish whether there is argon filling).
e. The cavity is filled with insulation materials, which can reduce the heat and cold exchange speed before the cavity and improve the overall thermal insulation performance of doors and windows.
On the other hand, during installation, the gap between the window and the wall must be handled properly, and the aluminum alloy auxiliary materials used must also be "broken bridges". There is a bug, and the indoor and outdoor heat will continue to "exchange" here.
For more detailed content expansion, please search Baydee's article - "Thermal insulation of doors and windows | One of the two major factors in the purchase of doors and windows".
This small object on the outward-opening window plays the important role of "last insurance" on the outward-opening window. When the window hardware fails to fix it, the anti-fall rope will hold the window frame in a short time so that it does not fall down .
The installation position of this safety rope is a bit particular. The two ends of the "rope" are respectively fixed on the window frame and the sash.
If the window frame connector is installed lower than the window sash, in the event of a sash falling event, the window sash will jump off for a while like a bungee jump, pulled by the "rope", coupled with the conversion of gravitational potential energy, it may be bounced back or flipped .
For this question, Baydee divides it into old communities, (sub-)new communities, and sunshine rooms, etc., and gives some personal opinions:
(1) A slightly older community. Features of doors and windows: the first generation of aluminum alloy, single-layer glass, window fittings are aging, rusted or falling off, and are in disrepair. Baydee's recommendation is a whole house replacement.
(2) Sub-new community. The doors and windows of this type of community are not long-lived, and some can maintain or maintain their performance and functions for a longer time. Therefore, before deciding whether to replace them, you can first judge your own needs and distinguish the quality of the existing doors and windows. For example, bedrooms and study rooms at home have relatively high comfort requirements, and the original windows cannot meet the requirements, so it is recommended to replace them; kitchens, bathrooms, etc. do not have high performance requirements, and the original windows are not damaged or inconvenient to use, so they do not need to be replaced. After the verification, you can choose whether to replace them all according to the wishes of your personal wallet.
(3) New delivery area. In the real estate projects delivered in recent years, developers also pay attention to the performance of doors and windows. The performance and quality of many doors and windows are guaranteed and can meet the basic needs of owners. In general, the replacement of doors and windows is only involved in the two cases of balcony/terrace renovation and extremely strong personal needs.
Friend: "Baydee keeps saying to go to the door and window processing factory or ask the merchant to post videos, so what to watch? I was confused when I went to the factory, and the workers in the factory thought I was a reporter when they saw me taking pictures."
Baydee: Let's come to Kangkang, what can a door and window buyer see in a door and window factory?
(1) The materials used to make doors and windows generally include: main materials (aluminum profiles, glass, hardware), auxiliary materials (insulation strips, corner codes, plastic parts, rubber strips, tops, sealants, filling cotton, screws, etc.).
We can find the place where the materials are piled up, look at the outer packaging of the materials, the film on the surface of the materials, etc., to determine where the materials are purchased; see what brand the heat insulation strip is...
(2) The tools used generally include: cutting machine, profiling milling machine, drilling machine, punching machine, end milling machine, angle forming machine, automatic cutting and pressing machine, etc.
Remember one key point, the more CNC equipment a manufacturer has, the stronger its strength is. The material is generally 6 meters long. You can observe the cutting equipment and the equipment that needs to be punched after cutting.
(3) The required procedures generally include:
a. Profile treatment (including surface color treatment, wearing heat insulation strips, installing cotton filling, etc., are all non-essential items, some manufacturers have them, and some manufacturers do not)
b. Profile cutting
c. Profile drilling, milling and punching holes
d. Top installation (sliding window)
e. Frame fan group angle
f. Hardware installation and commissioning (non-essential items: finished window installation and delivery, non-finished window on-site installation and commissioning)
g. Wearing rubber strips and installing plastic parts
h. Cut glass line
i. Glass installation (non-essential items: some manufacturers produce glass themselves, some buy it and assemble it before leaving the factory, and some leave the factory without glass)
j. Inspection and warehousing