Noise pollution is a growing problem these days, not only affecting mood and hearing, but also causing high blood pressure, heart disease, memory loss, difficulty concentrating and other psychiatric symptoms.
Studies have shown that human hearing can accept a volume of up to 30 decibels. When the continuous noise pollution in the room exceeds 30 decibels, normal sleep will be disturbed, and continuous living in a noise environment of more than 70 decibels will lead to human hearing and physical health. will be affected.
In order to improve the noise problem, many people have installed soundproof glass in their homes, but a small number of people are skeptical about soundproof glass. Will it really work? Let us learn a few things about soundproof glass today.
Sound insulation glass is a kind of glass product that plays a certain role in shielding sound. It is usually a laminated glass with a double or multi-layer composite structure. The sound insulation damping glue (film) in the middle plays a key role in the weakening and attenuation of sound transmission.
1. The sound insulation effect of hollow sound insulation glass
Insulating soundproof glass is mainly composed of two layers of glass. It is surrounded by a composite adhesive with high strength and high air tightness to seal the glass, the sealing strip and the glass strip. There is 6-9mm of air between the two layers of glass. The layer should be filled with dry gas, and the frame should be filled with desiccant, so as to ensure the air dryness of the glass sheet. Such hollow soundproof glass has a good sound insulation effect on high-frequency noise, such as speech, high-pitched school horns, etc., but it has poor sound insulation effect on low-frequency noise such as traffic, such as train sound, airplane sound, Engine sound etc.
2. The sound insulation effect of vacuum sound insulation glass
The vacuum soundproof glass is mainly composed of two layers of flat glass, and the thickness of the glass is about 4mm. There will be a space of about 0.28mm between the two layers of flat glass for vacuuming. Compared with hollow sound insulation glass, vacuum sound insulation glass has better sound insulation performance. This is because the interior of the vacuum insulation glass is almost vacuum, and sound cannot travel in a vacuum. But after the air is pumped, the two pieces of flat glass of the vacuum glass are almost connected together, so when producing the vacuum glass, the manufacturer will fill some tiny substances between the glasses as supports, and these supports will also become medium for sound transmission. Therefore, the vacuum sound insulation glass cannot completely isolate the noise, but can only reduce the noise to a certain extent. Under normal circumstances, vacuum soundproof glass is used in laboratories, recording studios and other places.
3. The sound insulation effect of laminated sound insulation glass
1. After the soundproof doors and windows are installed, the protective film on the surface of the profile should be torn off in time and scrubbed clean; otherwise, a large amount of the protective film adhesive will remain on the profile, which is difficult to clean.
2. On windy days, the casement soundproof windows and sashes should be closed in time.
3. No heavy objects can be hung on the handle of the casement soundproof window and sash.
4. The casement top-hung window can be opened differently by changing the direction of the switch handle. It is necessary to understand how to operate it to avoid damage.
5. When the sliding soundproof window is in use, the sliding track should be cleaned frequently to keep it clean, so that there is no hard particle material on the surface of the track and in the groove.
6. The plastic steel soundproof doors and windows are equipped with drainage systems in the window frame, window sash and other parts to ensure the airtight performance and watertight performance of the soundproof doors and windows. Users should not block the drainage holes of the soundproof doors and windows during use, so as not to cause the doors and windows to drain. Performance drops.