The sliding window is a kind of window that is well ventilated and does not take up extra space. When decorating the doors and windows of the house, many owners will choose the sliding window. When installing sliding windows, we should pay attention to the waterproof problem of the windows, so how to do the waterproofing of sliding windows? How can sliding windows avoid water leakage in rainy days? Today, Baydee will answer them one by one for you.
How to waterproof sliding windows
1. The outdoor window sill of the sliding window should be 20mm lower than the indoor window sill plate, and the slope should be set up to ensure smooth drainage of rainwater. The gap between the outer frame of the metal window and the indoor window sill must be sealed with a weather-resistant and highly elastic sealant to ensure water tightness and prevent leakage. The window lintel and window sill should be made with sufficient drip grooves and running water slopes.
2. The drainage holes of sliding windows should be kept unobstructed. There are grooves on the inside of the window frames. These grooves will store water when the rain is heavy, so there are drainage holes on the window frames of sliding windows. When purchasing the window frame of the sliding window, it is necessary to choose the window frame with drainage holes to prevent water accumulation and water seepage.
3. If the sliding window is fixed by the frame-attached installation method, the sub-frame should be installed on the opening first. There are pull tabs on the sub-frame, and the pull-tabs are fixed with expansion screws; Fill the space with waterproof mortar, and plaster after filling; then install the main frame of the sliding window, and the main frame and the attached frame are connected and fixed firmly by screws; after the main frame is installed, foaming is performed between the main frame and the auxiliary control . After the final foaming, sealant should be applied on the inside and outside of the window where it meets the wall. Weather-resistant sealant is used here.
How to avoid water leakage in rainy days
1. If there is no drainage hole in the outer groove of the lower frame of the sliding window, the drainage hole should be drilled. The gaps in the joints of the window frame assembly are leaking. It is necessary to clean the gaps at the joints and fill in the waterproof sealant.
2. When purchasing sliding windows and installation materials, it is necessary to strictly control the quality of materials and the quality of sliding windows themselves. The quality of the purchased window frame, window sash, sealing strip, etc. must pass the test, and the waterproof sealing material used at the same time should have material quality certification documents to ensure that the material quality meets the requirements, and do not choose inferior sealing materials.